Pages

If you're happy and you know it

Tuesday 19 May 2015


I believe you know the famous 'If you're happy and you know it...' and you even clapped and turned around singing it... a long time ago. I know, me too! As our son is three and a half I had the chance to remember it and play it again. At first I smiled, then a warm, fuzzy feeling tingled my body and my smile got shinier - could it be that enjoying life is so easy? (Yes!) If you're happy and you know it clap your hands?! It's amazing how the simplest things are the most powerful too.

I was working on some cushions, making buttonholes for the first time, sewing while lots of ideas of what to make next run through my mind, when - I don't know why - I thought of the Romanian version of the song. It rhymes, but the translation is something like 'If you live happily, smile to one another'. Great. I could see it written all over a tote bag. If one wears it in Romania, it would make people smile, relax and be happy, if one is in London, for example, like me, even more interesting - people would wonder what it means and start a conversation. And then smile, relax and be happy.



I sent one already to Romania, but I'm planning to make more... They're consciously made, roomy and versatile, and I love when fashion becomes ecological, as I don't have to use the plastic bags at the store and contribute to toxic waste. I use it as a park bag too - it's our best carrier for sticks, rocks and small treasures, plus extra clothes and other accessories that somehow appear vital. Just stuff them in there, without looking weird and impractical.

A lot of people ask me lately how do I do it, how do I manage to have a kid, work at home, have the time of my life + everything else... well, my answer is we make a mess! It doesn't mean we don't live in a clean house, but the expectations that my place looks just like in a magazine are unrealistic to begin with, not to mention while raising a kid or two. I don't worry with keeping things tidy, especially when I'm working/playing. To tell you the truth, I try not to worry at all - it's a blissful feeling to be surrounded by a creative chaos. Don't take my word for it, try it!

You know how you see around the Internet those perfectly set up, coordinated workspaces or lounges and you think how do they do it?! Relax. Those are just pictures.

This is how a normal day looks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...