Pages

Printing on fabric

Monday 6 July 2015

It's been a while since I last got this excited about a project. Seeing the fabric coming out of the printer was just wow, so much fun. This is one of those easy projects, that cam make quite the impact. As I love everything gift wrap related, I used most of the printed labels as gift tags and some of them as labels for the boxes I store my fabrics in. All you need for this projects is: 
  • cotton fabric  (something that isn't too thick)
  • a printer (preferably the ink jet kind; it also works with laser jet, but the result doesn't fix as good on the fabric)
  • sticker paper (or you can use a fabric glue spray to glue the fabric on a piece of paper to provide stability to the fabric)
  •  labels, texts, images to print (I used the very pretty labels by Madalina Andronic and the birds by Becca Kallem
1. Cut the fabric to match the size of your paper (I used A4 sheets). 2. Glue the fabric on the paper and make sure it is evened out. This makes the fabric more stable and it allows you to put it through the printer. 3. Now it's time for the fun part. Put the fabric sheet in the printer and print! Watch the magic happen. 4. Let the ink dry for a few minutes, while you admire the result. 5. Peel off the sheet of paper and cut the labels. 6. Use them in your creative projects or offer them as gifts.


I hope you will try the little project and have some fun with it! Hugs, Anca

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...