Pages

Barbershop reloaded and spring magic

Friday 17 April 2015

I wanted to write today about how spring came and everyone I met (when wearing a palm tree printed sun dress, no tights - yes it's that warm outside) looked as if they too were celebrating life - a woman with a very colourful scarf, a man in a pinkish suit, big purple hat sky high and long locks almost rooted to the ground...

But, anyway, as I wanted to present the two T-shirts I made for Mum & Baby ordered all the way from Lithuania (did you know they have a woman president?) the weather changed and the waited Sun is here. I know. it's just weather - water and dust and clouds and the Earth spinning and revolving, and a bunch of electrons whirling around in immense space - but boy I waited for this spring... So, welcome spring, I bow and abandon myself to you!



That being said, I sent all my positive intentions out there to the Universe, or God, or Consciousness or call it how you feel, took a deep breath, tried to stay present and let thing happen. And because what I'm saying is real just like my good intentions, things happened.

And without realizing, I swear, I found myself in the Hairdresser's downstairs, holding a pile of T-shirts, slings and other items I created. What in the world was I doing there? And I was even speaking to an audience, showcasing my work! I would never go in here, said that tiny shadowy doubtful voice in my head. But wait, perhaps you don't know what's so funny. Have you seen the movie Barbershop? Well, imagine this specific Hairdresser's the same. Oh, wait, even upgraded, cause the audience was entirely made of women. While I was looking for the slightest trace of smile, a blink of an eye, anything, nothing moved. Everything stood still. No, they were just watching me.

Looking back, I think I was so nervous that I stepped out of time and everything felt as if it passed in one second. I talked about how I paint and sew and the good intentions I put there, about my vision of living in a world where we could make it work without money, at least in a small community for starters, about how we're all connected. How we're all One. (Was I really saying all these things... or was it all a dream?)


If you're waiting to hear I made the sales of my life or something, I didn't. That's not why I was there. I even didn't plan it. But I probably made friends and helped stitching the great heart of this Planet that beats in all of our broken hearts. I hope the talks at this Hairdresser's will change a bit, along with the sunshine. We're able to change everything, when we start changing on the inside. Just by sending a good intention out there. Experiencing things from another point of view. Abandon ourselves free of egos.

As for the Mum & Baby T-shirts duo, I wish they open heartedly continued this adventure called life. Have a magic spring people, just take that step!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...